Speedy Sausage Supper
Hey, want something quick and delicious…like, now? Feast your eyes on this one pot supper, then feast your taste buds in about 15 minutes. First you will need a deep skillet or a pot and to it add the following:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion cut lengthwise in strips
- 1 bell pepper (yellow, orange, or red) also in strips
- 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves.
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 package Polska Kielbasa or beef sausage sliced diagonally in 1 cm pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
First, heat the olive oil until it waves on the surface, add the onion strips and the pepper strips. Let the onions become clear then add the spinach and peas. Stir everything on high heat until the onions take on a little color. Add the chicken or beef stock to deglaze the pan and reduce heat to medium. Chop the sausage, add, then turn the heat back up, add the seasonings, and stir until everything is heated through. Voila! Supper’s ready for about 3 or 4 people. Serve alone or with noodles or rice if you wish…but that’s only if you can wait more than fifteen minutes to eat. Otherwise, what’s ten or fifteen more minutes? We couldn’t wait!