Sometimes I get a craving for a good old Burger King Whopper with cheese. There’s something about it that tastes so good. It’s just not worth the 760 calories and 47 grams of fat and who knows what else; it’s fast food! Besides, I’d rather make a trip to the refrigerator than to the drive-thru, so I was inspired to make a salad of the whopper ingredients save the bun.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce. (a bag of iceberg mix works fine but pull out as many of those nasty carrot pieces as you can; they never taste good)
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned in a heavy skillet and cooled
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced well
- 2 dill pickle spears, diced
- 6 or sogrape tomatoes, quartered
- dressing: consisting of ketchup and mayonnaise in equal perportions
- shredded cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste
In a salad bowl lay the lettuce in the bottom and layer on the meat, onion pickle tomato and dress it and add cheese and salt and pepper to taste and toss. So easy. So summery. So delicious and, I have just two more words; craving satisfied.